20070918

Portugese Grand Prix and AMA at Laguna Seca

For the first time in a while, I tuned in to a lot of racing on SPEED over a weekend. On Sunday I watched MotoGP at Estoril Circuit in Portugal and AMA Supersport and Superbike at Laguna Seca in Monterey, California. What a blast! 

MotoGP

Why MotoGP reportedly has marketing problems is beyond me, certainly judging by the Portugese Grand Prix. Sunday's race was fast (of course), twisty, and full of great sweeping camera views across drool-worthy elevation changes; it was competitive; and riders pushed the limits of their world-class equipment. I like watching drag and oval-track racing, but come on — and without the protections of a five- or six-point harness, a chassis, and a cage no less! Whatever the problem is, I don't think it's MotoGP's product.

Plus, this season boasts a classic underdog story. I don't particularly root for Valentino Rossi, but I was cheering for him at the top of my lungs when he won on Sunday. After his cursed 2006 season, he effectively entered 2007 with underdog status in my mind; and that's enough for this American. (Plus, go Yamaha!) 👏

Anyway, here are my limited impressions of Sunday's Portugese Grand Prix:
  • Dani Pedrosa
    • smooth inputs judging by his on-board camera – like he was yawning at 40 MPH, only nearer 200 MPH
    • looks like he just uses his middle finger to brake – interesting because someone suggested middle-finger braking to me recently
    • s~q~u~i~r~m~y bike during turn entry 😳
  • Valentino Rossi
    • dizzying at times to watch braking, aggressively lifting his rear tire (My Lord!)
    • bike agile as heck through the chicanes (Yep. ...sounds like an R6.) 😁
AMA

...more to come regarding AMA Supersport and Superbike at Laguna Seca. ...must sleep. 🥱

No comments:

Post a Comment

RollerCoin Miners By The Numbers

Meet  RollerCoin Miners By The Numbers , a spreadsheet that breaks down what currently available  RollerCoin  miners cost and offer. I built...