20070221

Reflections on Coke

Yesterday someone I know was drinking a Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and asking why bitterly.  I told him it was probably best called Coke Pointless, and that made him smile where it fell short. 😊

This reminded me of my random fountain-drink recipe for the world.  Forget "Coke-ness" coming from restaurants quickly making room for Coke Zero and the like.  How many restaurants have the nozzle real estate?

My solution is simple – and works for Diet Pepsi too. (Shhh. Don't tell the folks at Coca-Cola.)  Fill up 90% with Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, as your current restaurant's allegiance allows; then simply top off with Coca-Cola Classic or Pepsi respectively.  Adjust percentages to your liking, and enjoy! 😁

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at a gas station/maxi-mart. And your Coke trick reminded me of this story.

    I started at the transition when leaded gasoline was being dropped. To fill the tanks they moved to the middle grade unleaded. The interesting thing was that it was proposed at the time to use two tanks for regular unleaded and one for premium, then mix the mid grade. Then you have a larger supply of the top seller, regular, but can still get some extra money from the mid grade customers.

    Our station didn't do it due to the owner didn't want to pay anything for pump impovements, but I wonder sometimes if any other stations used that method.

    Also coming from a house with the friendly Coke (yea) vs. Pepsi (boo) rivalry, I often make jokes about the "almost a real soda" stuff that people drink. I like to tell them that one of the most popular artificial sweetners was accidentally made from two lethal chemicals...

    ReplyDelete

RollerCoin Miners By The Numbers

Meet  RollerCoin Miners By The Numbers , a spreadsheet that breaks down what currently available  RollerCoin  miners cost and offer. I built...